Assembly Budget Committee, autism, autism awareness, Autism Speaks, autistic children, board of education, Jersey City, New Jersey, New York City, philanthropic work, schools, Walk Now for Autism, working moms, writers
THE TOP 10 REASONS I WILL WALK FOR AUTISM IN NYC on June 3, 2012
1.To walk side by side with others who although strangers, share a common bond: autism.
2. The more we walk the stronger the message becomes that autism affects us all.
3. In hopes that one-day the 1 in 88 children (and 1 in 54 boys) affected with autism will decrease.
4. I walk to increase awareness.
5. I walk for all those parents who like myself, live in a city with limited resources for autistic children.
6. For my 4 year old autistic and wonderful son who continues to learn about the world – in his own way of course!
7. For my eldest son who loves his little brother unconditionally and continues to think outside of the box in-order to communicate and play with his brother.
8. I walk in hopes that one day my 4 year old will grow up to be anything his heart desires.
9. I walk because I believe that every footstep I take will help lead to a cure and preventive treatments for autism.
10. My family and I walk because we live with autism everyday; and we will walk to the ends of the earth to ensure that every person with autism has a fighting chance and an equal place in the world!